Tuesday 26 November 2013

Dungeons and Drag Queens

The lefties are a curious bunch. Rabid, violent animals frothing at the mouth one moment then pathetic and needy the next, whatever suits the cause at the time I suppose. One thing the fellow twitter users will know is that dissent will not be tolerated, those of opposing views blocked never to be heard from again.

Perhaps this explains why they are so keen on lefty only versions of things. This is something I never understand, they accuse the right of being heartless and out of touch yet cut off contact from those opposed. Well Laurie Penny came up with a cracker, well, I say came up but it looks like it is in motion.
That's right, Penny wants to create a lefty RPG (Role Playing Game), well twitter went into a frenzy, but more on that later. The 140 characters twitter allow aren't enough for me to aid Laurie in her project.


Here is my intro to a lefty RPG.

"My name is Nigel, I am a young man of 23, I was born in the land of Chipping Norton, the horrors of my upbringing haunt me still. This place chokes me, you see although I was born into this world with the cursed label of "male" I am in fact, a woman. 

Oppressed for years I am finally ready find myself, I quit my job and pack up for Brighton. Oh the glory that awaits me, freedom to express who I am, I finally feel like the real me, I am Nigella, although I don't look the part yet."
The player picks up the game as our hero arrives at "Legends" bar and hotel. From here your choices will guide them as they make tough life choices. From the big choices on breast size, hair colour and if the cock should stay or go to the ethical debate around leather shoes guide Nigella through them all. 

Choose your sexuality, dodge transphobia attacks and live on benefits. Experience all this and more in "Dungeons and Drag Queens.

As I mentioned earlier twitter took up arms with the #LeftyRPG tag, here are some of the best I found.





Think you can do better? Go ahead. 

My thanks to @marcokeeffe for helping me with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment