Monday 25 November 2013

Piers Morgan, a weapons grade bellend

Sad news broke yesterday morning that Jonathan Trott is coming home from the Ashes tour early with a "stress related condition". This is a rather vague term that covers a variety of conditions, and while comparisons are being made with Marcus Trescothick you can't just bracket them together in one place. 

Most of you will be lucky enough to never have to deal with a mental illness but believe me, it eats you up in a way you can't imagine. I shall leave the details of my own condition out of this but needless to say I know of what I speak. It is hard enough worrying about the reaction of your friends and family but he has the press and others pouring over the details as well. Surely nobody in the media would be so crass and stupid to pour scorn over his decision.


Step forward Piers Morgan. 



Vague references but obvious what he means, but he wasn't done.
Oh that's it then, so if you employed someone (I know it is a sport but it is also his job) who needed time off for depression you would tell them to suck it up and get on with it or find another job? Such stupidity should be expected from him I suppose, he has history in publishing stuff that he shouldn't.

People can forget what's important and in this case cricket isn't, not even remotely. I honestly don't care about the Ashes anymore, all I want is for Trott to recover and have a happy life with his family.


Get well soon Trott, thank you for being such a great player and I hope to see you back when you are ready

I was racking my brain for a way to end this blog but I didn't have to. I shall leave the last words to Matthew Pinsent. However if you feel like telling Piers how much of a twat he is I have created a handy button to do so. 
UPDATE 
The big man himself approves.

No comments:

Post a Comment