Monday 18 November 2013

I am a heartless swine, according to Facebook

I am obviously a heartless bastard, I never share anything on Facebook to show my support. I hate the armed forces, want everyone in the Philippines to dies of starvation, and cancer, oh I lover cancer, cancer for everyone! Especially those kids with tubes in their nose, stuck in wheelchairs, fuck you kid, fuck you!
Of course none of this is true but going by what I like and share on Facebook you may think so. But what really happens is I refuse to be guilt tripped into anything, least of all something on social media. It winds me up something chronic to think that someone is going "you heartless bastard, you didn't share, don't you want to cure cancer?". If you keep posting this shit then maybe I will start rooting for cancer. 

Why do people feel the need to do it? It isn't helping at all so what is the point? Only one reason I can think of, to show just how much they care about everyone and everything. You know the type, when a celebrity dies, or a high profile murder is committed, or there is a disaster somewhere in the world these people are straight there with "Thinking of all those poor people in the Philippines, stay safe". I have news for you, they aren't, and if you want to help give some money or time to the aid effort, not  a lot else matters. And if you do give some money or time keep it to yourself, do something kind for that reason alone, not to show how caring you are.


Sadly the Christmas related posts are coming. "Share to show you support our troops who can't come home for Christmas", "RT if you want this little girl to see another Christmas" and so on. No, not a chance. The only way to make this horror stop is to ignore every post of this type, I will fight the good fight, are you with me?

Now follow me on twitter and share this blog or the dog dies!



1 comment:

  1. As much as I see you as a conservative loon in your other articles, I must admit this is an article I agree with

    ReplyDelete