Sunday 8 December 2013

I thought you were my friend

Something most upsetting happened this weekend to a friend of mine, well two friends in fact. After a 5 year relationship they broke up.

Pippa was a friend of my wife's from way back, in fact Pippa's mum was her childminder. Dave was someone they knew at school but had moved north a while ago. But a little over five years ago Dave got in touch with Pippa and they started speaking, he moved back down here and they became a couple.That's when I met Dave and we became friends. Friends in our own right actually, with me not just being the other half of his girlfriend's friend. I thought we were pretty close actually.

Well it seems I was wrong. As word reached me of the break up I was saddened to hear that Dave had told Pippa he might move back north. He does have kids up there (he did see them, were very good reasons he moved away) so it isn't at all surprising and as a good friend I thought "whatever makes you happy". But then it hit me, I hadn't heard from him, not a peep. 

Ok so guys don't tend to go all over emotional about these things anyway but I would have honestly expected to hear from him. A chat about how he was feeling, a last get together before he headed back north, hell, a text would have been nice. But it didn't end there.

On the book of face I noticed in the comments of Pippa's status that he had removed all of her friends. As if to somehow wipe out the last five years like they never happened. In a way I get this, you don't want all your ex's friends reporting back your movements but I assumed that he considered me his friend. Pippa is a mate, that's probably about it. Well I am gone as well, it seems he saw me as nothing more than someone he knew through a friend of his other half. 
I am genuinely hurt by this. I don't have many friends because I struggle to let people get close to me after years of being bullied at school and being let down before. Turns out he said to Pippa that friends "They're not worth it". 

Well he can fuck right off then.

Names changed for privacy reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment